In the contemporary world, to keep running in the race, it is vital to develop as many skills as possible. The COVID has definitely made it difficult for us to be able to work on our skillset. But don’t worry because you can utilise this time to build upon your resume and add merits to your profile. We have a list of 25 carefully curated graphic design and art courses which will help you in your new adventure.
1. Art for Games Specialization: This is a free beginner-focused course offered by Michigan State University, which is focused on teaching the seekers the essentials of 2D and 3D game art production over a period of six months.
2. Graphic Design Specialization: This free six-month course introduces the fundamental skills needed for graphic design. Offered by Michigan State University, this course will help you build a professional portfolio.
3. The Language of Design: Form and Meaning: The course is specially designed for beginners. It is offered by the California Institute of Arts. It helps the seekers carry out an objective analysis of a work of graphic design in this course, critiquing its effectiveness all for free.
4. Fundamentals of Graphic Design: Through visual examples, this course will teach you the fundamental principles of graphic design: image-making, typography, composition, working with colour and shape, foundational skills that are common in all areas of graphic design practice. It helps you design and allows you to communicate effectively by giving you lots of opportunities to get your hands dirty with exercises and with more practical projects.
5. Introduction to Typography: In this course, you will study the characteristics of different letterforms. You will learn the pragmatic concerns involved in selecting and combining typography through delving into the rich historical, cultural, and aesthetic histories of familiar typefaces. The course also lets you explore the expressive, meaning-making potential of typefaces.
6. Ideas from the History of Graphic Design: This condensed survey course focuses on four critical periods or themes from the history of design. By the end of the course, you will be able to trace the emergence of design as a recognized practice, such as why things look the way they do, and how designers approached specific design problems in their work.
7. Introduction to Imagemaking: The course helps you experiment with a range of materials and techniques to make images for graphic design, expand your visual vocabulary both in terms of creating and talking about work, in order to discuss your work and the work of others. You will learn how to make, manipulate, and arrange images to create compositions, culminating in designing and producing an image-based book.
8. Graphic Design Bootcamp: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign: This class will help you learn how to set up a logo mood board and how to present your work to clients. You can gain a clear understanding of how to work with both print and web projects in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. With this course’s help, you will build a skill set that can set you up to be employable in the creative industry as a graphic designer.
9. Graphic Design Masterclass – Learn GREAT Design: With the help of this course, you will have a deep understanding of typography, colour theory, photos, layout, blocking, and other design theory and skills. You can learn the basics of Affinity Designer and know the difference between Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Designer. The course will also help you understand Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign’s essential tools and capabilities.
10. The Complete Graphic Design Theory for Beginners Course: This course will give you a significant overview of the most common graphic design practices and the thought process behind them. You will be given real-world, applicable projects that you can follow along with and practice. You will achieve the experience and knowledge to take graphic design fundamentals and apply them in your everyday life. You will learn about colour theory and how it applies to the world around us, from products and art to branding and advertising.
11. The Art & Science of Drawing / DYNAMIC MARK MAKING: This course will teach you how to use the pencil to create a wide range of expressive and engaging lines marks and make objects appear to recede in space using atmospheric perspective. This course also teaches you how to draw objects to give the viewer a sense of what it feels like to the touch.
12. Learn Professional 2D Game Graphic Design in Photoshop: By pursuing this course, you can build professional stylized backgrounds from scratch in Photoshop. You can use your newly acquired skill to make money. The best thing about this course is that you can create your own game graphics.
13. The Art & Science of Drawing / MEASURING & PROPORTION: In this course, you will learn how to determine the proportions of any subject and use a pencil to transfer accurate information from their subject to their drawing surface. You will be able to combine a variety of measuring techniques to measure any subject accurately.
14. 365 Days of Creativity: This course will teach you hundreds of creative skills, tools, and techniques to imbibe creative thinking. You will also learn graphic design and illustration theory and principles using Adobe ProCreate in your projects.
15. The Business Graphic Design (In 2020): With the help of this course, you are going to know about online money-making websites where you can earn a fair amount of money now and for the rest of your life. You will also learn and understand how to create a logo, icons, website design, and business cards.
16. Photoshop Manipulation and Editing Masterclass: In this course, you will learn how to use Photoshop CC 2019. It offers in-depth knowledge about tools and software while working on real-world editing projects and enjoyable photo manipulation. You can create simple and complex photo manipulations by using non-destructive editing techniques.
17. Graphic Design Foundations in Canva: This course will help you understand great design principles and in the areas of typography, photography, layout, and composition. You will be able to create a book cover, brochure, logo, business card, flyer, and poster by the end of this course.
18. Learn Photoshop for iPad: By the end of this course, you will master Photoshop on the iPad and learn about advanced design techniques.
19. Poster Design From Scratch: Thos course will teach you how to design a poster from scratch using Adobe Illustrator. You will also learn how to edit these posters in Photoshop and create a poster mockup.
20. Do It Yourself Branding & Graphic Design for Non-Designers: In the course, you will know how to create your own logo, branded assets, marketing materials, letterhead, business cards, and social media. This course will also help you have a direct influence on your brand creation by doing it yourself.
21. Advance Learning Tools Corel Draw Graphics Design: In this course, you will learn how to create logos, business cards, covers/packing, flex design, monogram design, thumbnail in Corel Draw.
22. Learn Print Design with Photoshop 2020: You will learn the importance of Print Media and learn how to print projects from scratch.
23. The Ultimate Drawing Course – Beginner to Advanced: You can learn how to draw objects out of your head with the help of this course. You will learn the techniques of drawing realistic light and shadow. You can also learn to draw human faces and figures.
24. Character Art School: This course will help you learn how to paint characters from beginner to advanced using multiple techniques.
25. Anatomy Art School: Complete Skeleton Drawing Course: This course will teach you how to draw the skeletal system for character drawing and art. You will understand the skeleton for future attachment of the muscular system.