In this modern age, a logo’s use is not limited to a letterhead and a signboard. It goes way beyond that. Businesses have to maintain websites, social media accounts, etc. Not just that. Branding also isn’t what it used to be. Modern problems require modern solutions. This is where transparent logos come to play.
What are Transparent logos?
A transparent logo is one that practically does not have a background.
If you search for images or logos with the suffix “transparent PNG,” you will see that most images have a background with grey and white squares. This means that the part with the squares is empty and transparent. If you were to impose that image on top of another, it wouldn’t cover the image with its background only because it doesn’t have one.
Advantages of having a transparent logo
- The prominent wordmark, symbol, shape of your logo will stand out. When used, a transparent logo draws attention to the logo’s body rather than what’s around it.
- Your logo will be versatile. You won’t have to adjust anything when you use it for different purposes. It will blend right in with varying palletes of color and surrounding elements.
Typical uses of a transparent logo
- Letterheads and business cards
- Social media pages
- Emails, presentations, signatures
- Watermark for copyright pictures and videos
- Photography and videography
- Souvenirs such as T-shirts, Mugs, Pens, etc.
- Stickers, decals, postcards
Transparent logo file formats
Transparent logos come in three file formats:
PNG or Portable Network Graphics is the most popularly used file format for transparent logos. This format was developed in 1996 as a non-patent replacement for GIF format. This raster format supports millions of colors in a small size. It also allows image compression without loss of quality. Moreover, this format is supported in all major editing and design software.
Graphics Interface Format was developed in 1988 and supported transparent logos. However, it is not the most user-friendly format as one of the 256 colors must be set as transparent, and you cannot adjust the transparency in this format.
Scalable Vector Graphics is a vector format that is mainly used by professional designers and printers. It fully supports transparent logo files. The transparency can be adjusted by assigning numerical values. One can scale the graphics quickly without much hassle, and hence, it is very user friendly.
How to design a transparent logo with DesignKiki?
DesignKiki is an advanced online logo designing tool convenient for someone with no background or knowledge in design.
It comes with 4000+ predesigned templates, which gives the user a wide variety to choose from. It also has templates and designs categorized by product and industry to make your logo design experience as easy as possible. This logo design tool translates your vision for your business into the most creative logo.
DesignKIKI has a fantastic range of shapes, fonts, color pallets, graphics, icons, lines, and symbols to make your logo design experience as smooth as can be. You can also select a file format of your choosing.
The DsignKIKI blog sections have various blogs on logo, design, branding, marketing, etc. to ensure that your business can achieve maximum success.
Follow these simple steps and design your very own transparent logo in the NOW!
- Please enter your company name to pick a suitable template from our range of 4000+ interdisciplinary predesigned templates.
- Once you have selected a template from our vast assortment, add details to the logo to customize it as per your taste and utility.
- Customize your design with our fonts, shapes, symbols, graphics, lines, etc.
- After finishing the design process, to make the logo yours, make the one-time payment.
- Save the vector in the format of your choosing.